Education is an act of love rooted deeply in the relationship between teacher and student and among students and their peers. Education is a process of opening closed doors in the mind and heart to lead students to virtue and to depth of understanding. Central to this process is to surround students with images of virtue, nobility, honor, purity, sacrifice, loyalty, compassion, and beauty. As teachers we seek to do this through the literature, poetry, art, music, science, and theology that we study with our students.
Of all holy works, the education of children is the most holy.
- St. Theophan the Recluse
- The Current Educational Environment:
- Children want to have fun and are naturally curious and excited about new knowledge
- Children will not give their all to something that is boring
- Students have incredible potential when they are interested and engaged
- Students enjoy and benefit from peer interaction
- Students crave challenge in their education
- Excellence is rewarding
- Excellence inspires excellence
- Our Philosophy of Education:
- Education is an act of love
- Education is a process of opening closed doors in the mind to allow illumination
- Education reunites false dichotomies -- Faith vs Reason, Spirituality vs Education, Justice vs Mercy
- Education establishes and builds on the foundations of Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric
- Education is Literature Based. It reveals the power and beauty of 'Story'
- Excellence takes Effort
- Education should expect excellence
- It is possible for everyone to have an excellent education which prepares them for the college or university of their choice and active participation in a growing, interconnected world community.
- Our Purpose:
- Provide quality education when mediocrity is no longer acceptable -- Our society accepts mediocrity because it's easy and utilitarian.
- Enable children to operate up to their potential -- raising the bar
- Provide a one-stop resource center
- Provide inspiring, creative, effective, interactive classes
- Foster strong online relationships
- Surround students with images of virtue, nobility, honor, purity, sacrifice, loyalty, vision, and beauty
- Constant commitment to developing modern use of internet capabilities
As the CLRC continues to grow, more faculty and classes will be added to our program. Resources (reading lists, curriculum, teacher training, and other online content) will also be made available for elementary school children to help homeschool parents and educators prepare young children for online Middle School and High School classes. Future plans also include the development of a retreat center so that High School students or adults who take classes with us could come to North Idaho to take part in one or two week intensive classes.